JOB OPENING – INDONESIA COUNTRY MANAGER
JOB AND ROLE DESCRIPTION
Position: Country Manager
Direct Reports: Varies, but usually consists of Consultants, Research Analysts and Administration personnel as required to support the business
1. To organize and manage the Indonesia country office to achieve the Tractus Aisa’s strategic, operational and financial goals as defined in the Company’s annual strategic planning process.
2. To organize and manage multiple practice engagement teams to effectively deliver strategic analysis and tactical commercial advice to the Company’s clients as contracted, on-schedule, within budget and exceeding the client’s expectations.
3. To develop new business for the Company in Indonesia for each of the Company’s practice areas.
Key Result Areas
1. Manage the Indonesia country office to achieve its country goals as defined in the Company’s annual strategic plan.
2. Assign resources, oversee and lead engagement teams to deliver assignments on-schedule and within the Company’s profitability targets.
3. Ensure Company’s Indonesia subsidiary secretarial and subsidiary and engagement accounting and administrative tasks are undertaken as required and on-schedule.
4. Develop new business for the company in each of the Company’s practice areas either with existing or new clients focusing on Indonesia
5. Lead and develop staff to ensure their effectiveness in delivering appropriate and accurate advice to clients as part of a cohesive Company team
6. Actively participate in the management of the Company’s Strategy & Execution, Corporate Finance and Economic Development practices in Indonesia
Roles & Responsibil-ities
1. Manage the Indonesia country office to achieve its country goals as defined in the Company’s annual strategic plan along the 4 Balanced Scorecard perspectives
a. Financial, Customer, Internal Process and Learning & Growing
2. Assign resources, oversee and lead multiple engagement teams to deliver assignments on-schedule and within the company’s profitability targets.
a. Organize appropriate Company staff, external consultants and/or strategic partners to cost effectively complete multiple
engagements on-budget and on-time.
b. Manage client relationships and develop a thorough understanding of their business, philosophy and corporate and project
c. Undertake secondary research and fieldwork as required by the engagement.
d. Select and execute analytical techniques appropriate to achieve the engagement’s objectives to within >95% accuracy.
e. Assume full accountability for engagement deliverables by organizing, managing and executing research and preparation of
written deliverables to > 95% completion and on schedule prior to submission to Directors for final review.
f. Coach and mentor Consultants and Research Analysts in research methodology and analysis techniques.
3. Ensure Indonesia subsidiary secretarial and Indonesia subsidiary and engagement accounting and administrative tasks are undertaken as required and on-schedule.
a. Ensure corporate secretarial documentation is organized and all statutory filings are submitted correctly and on schedule.
b. Maintain a compliant chart of accounts for the Indonesia subsidiary and ensure that all statutory audits and filings are correct and submitted on-time.
c. Ensure all human resources contracts, company handbook and other statutory and managerial documentation is organized and all statutory filings are submitted correctly and on schedule
d. Original copies of proposals, engagement letters, NDAs and purchase orders are given to the Financial Director for filing in the Company’s safe and copies are given for reference to the: Director-in-charge; Office Administration Coordinator -Thailand, and; engagement Team Leader.
e. Time sheets and expense reports for all Indonesia subsidiary staff and engagement team members are filed on-schedule.
f. Request, review and submit invoices according to contract terms copying the following personnel: Director-in-charge and Financial Director.
g. Follow-up payment with clients to maintain Company cash flow.
h. Ensure client administrative needs are attended to during engagement, client trips and presentations.
4. Develop new business for the company in each of the 4 practice areas either with existing or new clients in Indonesia and
coordinate with other Country Managers, Business Development Manager, Content Marketing Manager and the Directors as needed.
a. Thoroughly understand Company’s capabilities for delivering analysis and advice and local market conditions in each of the
Company’s 4 practice areas with a focus on identifying new business opportunities in Indonesia.
b. Develop an annual Business Development Strategy and Execution Plan for Indonesia; own and manage to the plan to
achieve its goals.
c. Coordinate and work with other Country Managers, Chief Representatives, Practice Heads/Leads, Business Development
Manager, Content Marketing Manager and Directors on their business development plans and provide them for
incorporation into Tractus’ overall business development strategy.
d. Plan, organize and deliver white papers, speeches, meetings, conferences, seminars, editorials and other advertising and
marketing deliverables related to Indonesia according to the Company’s Marketing Plan.
e. Coordinate with the Company’s chosen marketing resource or Content Marketing Manager to provide inputs into the
Company’s annual marketing strategy and execution plan.
f. Identify and qualify new clients with a high possibility of being in need of the company’s services in Indonesia.
g. Plan and manage pre-sales research and analysis that may be required before initial sales meetings or proposals are
delivered to thoroughly understand potential client’s operations and business drivers.
h. Organize and arrange sales meetings with high potential customers.
i. Draft and edit and/or coordinate the drafting and editing of proposals with Company staff and/or strategic partners to >95%
completion including project work plans and pricing using the Company’s pricing spreadsheet.
j. Negotiate and close consulting engagement sales or support Directors to close sales and ensures all pre-engagement
documentation (NDAs, proposals/engagement letters and/or purchase orders).
k. Take a leadership role in local business and/or philanthropic associations (AMCHAM, etc.) to develop the Tractus brand and new business.
5. Lead and develop Indonesia-based staff to ensure their effectiveness in delivering appropriate and accurate advice to clients as part of a cohesive Company team.
a. Interview and hire consultants, research analysts, including drafting and review of employment contracts.
b. Monitor performance of the employees, identify areas for improvement and conduct reviews as required.
c. Develop and promote a culture of teamwork and collaboration within the Company.
d. Develop subordinates analytical, managerial and administrative skills.
e. Ensure subordinates understand Company policies and procedures and adhere to them.
6. Actively participates in the management and administration of the Company’s Strategy & Implementation and Business Incubator practice.
a. Take initiative to approach Directors with suggestions for improving the Strategy & Implementation practice’s business
strategy, organization and operations.
b. Cooperate with other Consulting Managers in developing the Strategy & Implementation practice’s annual business strategy
and implementation plan.
7. Deliver other tasks as may be required of Directors.
For more information and apply:
Michael Nicholas | Country Manager | Singapore and Senior Manager | Economic Development Practice Tractus Asia Ltd.
Email: email@example.com | www.tractus-asia.com